The British Pharmacopoeia 2018, British pharmaceutical standards
The British Pharmacopoeia (BP) 2018 marks the Anniversary of setting quality standards for medicines and medicinal products in the UK. To celebrate this sesquicentenary year, each copy of the BP 2018 includes a complimentary, commemorative digital facsimile of the BP 1864 – the first edition. This edition also sees the introduction of a USB format which replaces the CD-ROM.
The 2018 edition includes almost 3,500 monographs which are legally enforced by the Human Medicines Regulations 2018. Where a pharmacopoeial monograph exists, medicinal products sold or supplied in the UK must comply with the relevant monograph. All monographs and requirements of the European Pharmacopoeia are also reproduced in the BP.
Now used in over 100 countries, the BP remains an essential reference for all individuals and organisations working within pharmaceutical research and development, manufacture and testing around the globe.
New for 2018
- Legally effective from 1 January 2018
- 39 new BP monographs
- 144 amended monographs
- One new BP Supplementary Chapter
- Three in-year online updates to harmonise with the European Pharmacopoeia Supplements 8.3, 8.4 and 8.5
- All European Pharmacopoeia monographs integrated (8th Edition as amended by Supplements 8.1 and 8.2)
- USB format
- Complimentary 150th Anniversary USB containing a digital facsimile of the BP 1864
The BP 2015 becomes legally effective on 1 January 2015. Remain compliant – order your copy today..
Your BP 2018 package will include:
- Six-volume printed edition including the BP (Veterinary) 2018
- Single-user licence to the USB format*
- Single-user licence to the online edition*